The Regional School District No. 1 website and the Regional School District No. 1 - Regional School Services Center (RSSC) Facebook page is created and maintained by RSSC for the purpose of communicating with the parents of the children we serve throughout the district.
The RSSC Facebook page allows the Region One community to share information on specific school topics of interest. We will update this page as often as possible to share as much as we can about each school within Region One and the achievements of the students and staff as well as other relevant school community information.
All posting of comments on the RSSC Facebook page are at the discretion of the page administrators. The intent of this policy is not to keep any negative or critical information from being posted, but to protect the privacy and rights of the Regional School District No. 1 staff and students. Naming specific employees or students in a negative way will not be allowed. The page administrators will review all postings to make sure they do not run afoul of the rules nor of the school district's Acceptable Use Guidelines regarding Internet access and practices.
We welcome your thoughts and comments and look forward to what you have to say. However, we will not leave postings that:
- Break the law or encourage others to do so. This includes respecting copyright and fair use laws. If you are talking about somebody else's work, reference this or the person, and where possible include a link.
- Contains abusive or inappropriate language or statements. This includes remarks that are hateful as well as those that contain obscenities or are sexually explicit.
- Easily identifies students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive or generally negative terms.
- Does not show proper consideration for others' privacy or are considered likely to offend or provoke others - i.e. don't pick fights or goad others into inflammatory debates. Nobody likes a bully.
- Is spam - i.e. repeatedly posting the same comments that are simply advertising/promoting a service or product.
- Are political in nature.
The page administrators reserve the right to not post or remove any comments at any time, for any reason, but we hope that will not ever by necessary. We also reserve the right to block individuals who misuse our Facebook page.
If you have a comment or would like to report an inappropriate comment for us to review, please send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: you can also receive an email and text message of our updates as they are posted through the settings of your personal Facebook account. If you do not want your comments or identifying information released in response to a public records request, contact RSSC by phone or in writing.